That’s Life–These are two of the most dangerous words. Yet we say them over and over again.
That’s life means “going with the flow,” passively swallowing whatever comes our way.
This outlook on life will inevitably lead to a lesser level of life than you were created to live.
Basically, there are two types of attitudes toward life:
- life is hard, with a few happy moments
- Life is a blast, with a few difficult moments
You can choose which of these two attitudes you will live.
How does a person act when they fall into the “that’s life” trap?
- Loss of vision and direction for their life
- Sense of being captured or lost in the rat race
- Looking for their security in something other than God
One of the most ignored and alarming truths about this attitude toward life is that we are all susceptible to it. All we have to do to live this kind of life is — nothing.
A “that’s life” attitude is a constant state of mental indifference. If we just accept whatever comes our way and somehow cope with it the best we can, our circumstances will dominate us and we will lose our joy.
How do we protect ourselves from living a “that’s life” attitude?
- We cling to God; He’s smarter than we are.
- We adopt a positive outlook on life.
- We take action. We work toward our goals, one small step at a time.
- We use our brain daily.
- We develop and strengthen our gifts and talents.
- We clear away negative thought patterns.
- We know we cannot change our past, but we can change our future…look forward!
- We realize that God has designed a perfect plan for our lives, we just have to decide to walk in it.
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10)
God prepared you to live a good life, not a sorrowful one. Instead of striving to keep your head above water, why not walk on the water? Jesus did, and He said through Him all things are possible.